This post is sponsored by Sunwarrior. I only review and post about things I love, so the opinions are authentic and all my own. Namaste 🙂
In 2008, I became vegan. But, get this, I didn’t actually intend to go vegan. It started out as a way for me to break the habit of eating meat and fish in my diet daily.
I was originally inspired when I went to visit my cousin Lauren in my hometown of St. Louis (Go Cards!). I noticed a book on her shelf called You Don’t Need Meat. That’s really what planted the seed of vegetarianism in my diet. I knew that meat being the main course was just conditioning in the mind, and I was ready to get healthier and discover a new universe of food.
(I wish my eyes weren’t closed there, but it’s the only picture I have of us from that trip.)
What happened was I started experimenting with quinoa, lentils, farro, starfruit, kale, wheatgrass, spirulina, you name it. My energy started to go through the roof, my skin started to glow, and I just felt happier all around. I think it even improved my friendships and relationships.
I ended my vegan craze in 2013 because I wanted to add ghee in my diet, and I have no regrets. I’m still a strict vegetarian and feel amazing, but the only thing that’s been bringing me down is I lost the motivation for variety in my diet. My life became busy, and as an entrepreneur I have to actually schedule in time for myself. I’ve fallen into the habit of cooking the same quick dish, and I needed to get back to my old energetic self.
How did I make this happen? I’m so excited to tell you!
Since I’m always on the go, I need to be healthy, and need energy. This is why Sunwarrior is perfect.
They have a ton of products ranging from protein shakes to super green smoothies.
I’ve been using their products all week, and It’s been a huge game changer! Let me tell you how:
1. Getting extra protein and greens in my diet has made me feel so much better that it’s motivated me to eat healthier all around. I’m actually making time for a variety of food again, and adding more color to my diet.
2. It actually tastes good. This is the hardest thing for me with the powder mixes. Oh my goodness. The chocolate protein shake is to die for!
3. It’s great on the go for when you’re busy. If I’m having a day where I don’t have time to cook or be healthy – I can at least supplement a green smoothie and feel great all day!
4. I always know that I’m not low on protein. It’s not difficult to get protein as a vegetarian or vegan, but if I’m having a week where I’m not eating right, I feel it in my bones. Having Sunwarrior around is a guarantee that I’ll always feel great.
5. I’m more focused than I’ve ever been and getting things done! I’m currently going through a site rebrand, and I’ve written a free guide (you’ll find out about soon), started an ebook, have 5 blog posts finished, an editorial calendar complete, and making time for yoga practice! I don’t even think I was even this productive in high school.
Tell me in the comments what your trick is for breaking bad food habits!
With love from my heart center,