I’ve been thinking a lot lately about karma, death, rebirth, samsara – all of that stuff.
I feel like we’re on a constant chase in life. I’m so guilty of it too. I constantly catch myself saying things like, “I’ll be happy when…”
Even though I know I have the choice to be happy all of the time, it’s really hard to cultivate that awareness.
I did an survey not long ago, and the most populated answer to, “What is your biggest fear?” was, “That I won’t live to my true potential or life purpose.”
What if I told you that we are all living our purpose now?
I know, you probably feel like you’re at a job that you hate, or something is holding you back. You feel stuck, so you’re asking how can this be my purpose, right?
The problem is that when we blame an external force this absolves us of responsibility.
When you realize you have the choice for everything in life, you will begin to eliminate the things that hold you back.
You’ll find a way to get rid of that job that you dread going into daily, or the toxic friends that never support you.
You’ll see your purpose has been right there inside of you all along. You’ve just been so busy blaming something else that you couldn’t see it yourself.
There was a point in my life where I was just going through the motions, but realized that I was forcing a life that I didn’t want in the first place. I thought these were things I was supposed to do at a certain age and time in my life. I am glad that circumstances in life forced me to see different.
I remember saying to myself, “When is it going to be my turn? When am I going to finally live out my purpose?”
I would see all of these people with successful careers and families, and think they had it made. I realize now that was just a story I was telling myself.
The truth is, we all have different paths. We all have different lessons to learn, and different karma to live out. We can’t compare ourselves to others because that just leads to more suffering, and it’s not based on any truth. We only see what is revealed to us on the surface.
If I were to die thinking, When will I find my purpose, then I would die unsatisfied. If I am grateful and satisfied with life in every moment, then I have nothing to worry about!
Yay Life! Hooray!
Have goals and strive for them, but at the same time, enjoy life in every moment. Enjoy the learning experiences, the struggles, and the process of moving through the ebb and flow of life.
Here are some habits I have created to help me live out my life purpose and begin to live my true potential.
I hope something off of this list will help you too:
- Create a Vision Board.
- Find a spiritual practice (Yoga, Meditation, Chanting, Journaling, Piano, Cooking).
- Remove negativity from your life. If you have negative people in your life, love those people from a distance. If you have a job that makes you unhappy, start looking for a new job or cultivate new skills to see where it brings you.
- Read inspiring books like Gratitude Works or The Big Leap
- Learn from failures. This instantly makes your failure a success!
- Don’t blame others, take responsibility.
- Accept the ebb and flow of life – it goes up and down.
- Let go of expectations.
- Make a list of your fears, and make yourself live them so you can move past it. Have a fear of flying, go on an airplane. Fear of public speaking, give a presentation, etc.
- Gratitude journal daily.
Great News ➥ WE ARE LIVING OUR PURPOSE RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW! WAKE UP!
To Open Hearts & Happy Thoughts,
What are your thoughts? How do you find your life purpose and potential?