I love simple recipes! I’ve recently discovered how much I love Pinterest, and since I’ve gotten more into it, I’ve been pinning recipes like crazy! It seems like I can’t stay away from social networks for too long. It doesn’t take me long to get sucked in and become an addict.
Some people think all of these social networks are a waste of time, but I disagree. You can find ways to waste time at anything, but I love connecting, learning, and communicating with people from all over the world that I would have never met any other way. It’s great if you use them with purpose and love.
If you’re not following me on Pinterest, do it [ here ] so we can pin each others recipes! So much fun, right??
Last night I chose a simple Smokey Kale & Tempeh recipe from my Pinterest pool, and gave it my own Yogi Flair. The original recipe didn’t include sweet potatoes or shiitake mushrooms, and the seasoning I chose was a little different since I couldn’t find the exact spice she mentioned. You’ll see:
PIN ANY OF THESE PICS!
When I was done, I first tried it like this:
But, It was better like this:
- 5 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Sweet Potato (chopped into squares)
- 8oz Tempeh - Crumbled
- 6 stems Kale - Chopped
- 4 Crimini Mushrooms - Chopped
- 4 Shiitake Mushrooms - Chopped
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Whole Foods Chophouse Seasoning (or whatever smokey type seasoning you can find)
- Heat a small skillet on Med High heat with 2 Tbls coconut oil & water. Add the potatoes & cook on med heat. If the water starts to evaporate, just add a little more towards the end.
- Heat a larger skillet with rest of the coconut oil on medium high. Add the mushrooms and turn down the heat to medium. Cook until the mushrooms are soft and brown. Add the tempeh and use a hard spatula to break apart a little more. Cook until brown. This should all take about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the kale & spices and stir around with a spatula until it starts to cook down. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- The potatoes should be done by now (10 minutes total at the most).
- Add the potatoes to the stir fry and let it all melt in your mouth!
- PS. You might add more seasoning at the end. It just depends what you're using. Start small & add.
- I think the coconut oil and sweet potatoes are a must in this recipe. If those weren't a part of it, then it would have just been bland. I tried the tempeh, kale, and mushrooms with a side of sweet potatoes at first, and it seemed a little plain. Once I used my mad scientist abilities and mixed everything together, it was like I created a piece of heaven.
- There is tons of room to experiment - add green onions, leeks, asparagus, beets or butternut squash! So, do me a favor and make this! I want to hear about it!
- Have an amazing day & stay healthy yogis 🙂