Do you think it’s strange that I love to snack on seaweed? I love getting those little snack packs of seaweed slices and snacking on then while I’m cooking, and I hate admitting this, but yes, I sometimes open it up right when I get in the car and snack on it on the way home. It’s a habit I have to break because it’s so flaky and ends up getting all over my car. Sigh.
The last time I went to the seaweed aisle I noticed this new brand that makes seaweed crumbles! This was like a dream come true for me, and needless to say became a new favorite.
While I was in line at Whole Foods a few days ago, the nice woman in front of me also had a love of seaweed snacks, so we connected by discussing our favorite seaweed brands and flavors. I started raving over how delicious the crumbles are, and she gave the the idea of using it in food over salad or in a stir fry.
I look her in the eye and said, “rice!” I’m going to make rice with seaweed flakes!
Tonight was the night I made my seaweed rice. It was super easy and you have so much variety with it. For example, I had it with a side of chickpeas and asparagus. I also had some Chimichura Salsa that I got at the Farmers Market from a local vendor where I live in Orlando, so think about the sauces you love that would go great with your rockin’ seaweed rice.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth or Water
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 package gimMe All Natural Roasted Seaweed Snacks
- Add the vegetable broth and the basmati rice to a medium saucepan
- Bring to a boil
- Set the heat to low
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes or as directed on the rice package
- Add the seaweed flakes when the rice is finished
- This rice is flavorful enough on it's own, so there is no need to add anything. But, if you want to dress it up like I did, then add your favorite sauce, salsa, or any vegetables you desire!
- Happy eating and let me know how it turns out!
- Namaste 🙂
I really hope you enjoy the seaweed rice and I would love to hear how you made it and how it turned out!